Give me a fat iPod Touch w/ A Better Camera and Battery

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krause734, Aug 25, 2013.

1. krause734 macrumors 6502

krause734

Not necessarily a fatty, but battery life and camera quality are just as or more important than being razor thin (to me anyways). I wish Apple would focus more on camera quality and wipe out point and shoot cameras.

2. 617aircav Suspended

How can you wipe out point and shoot cameras with an iPod touch? Just wont happen.

3. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Nar. U cant just replace point and shoot with the touch. I agree though the touch can be thicker and heavier make it feel more like a 299 device.

4. 617aircav Suspended

Everybody wants something lighter and thinner so that's not even a possibility.

5. krause734 thread starter macrumors 6502

krause734

It's definitely possible. Canon's ELPH cameras get thinner all the time. If a point and shoot camera had iOS (or iPod Touch w/ better camera) it would take over point and shoots. There are a lot of people that use their iPhones exclusively instead of regular cameras. The iPod Touch could sway even more people to use it as a primary camera for people that don't want to pay for a smartphone.

6. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

If that were true this thread wouldn't exist - don't project your opinions on the entire population of the world.

As for Apple providing enough battery power to actually have the features they boast about switched on for a full day - it's unlikely.

Apple cram the iPod touch/iPhone with lots of great tech but not enough battery power to use it all for a full day. Day one when you get your device it's fantastic - all those great new things to play with. After a very short time frustration sets in - why won't the damn thing last a full day on a single charge?

Psychology - Apple's way of getting you to upgrade earlier than you otherwise might.

7. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

I don't need a (actual) camera now with my iPod touch. It's amazing quality photos are outstanding I even have photos from it in an exhibition. I have absolutely no issues with battery life mine lasts almost two days of moderate use and it has such an elegance being so thin and light and perfect for younger people too

8. bikeanyok macrumors newbie

yeah,Everybody wants something lighter and thinner so that's not even a possibility.[​IMG]

9. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

I agree...I sometimes wish I could use this as my dedicated camera. I actually did, during a vacation, and it generally turned out well during the day. Night shots were a disaster.

And then there was a camera problem that destroyed half my pictures...:mad:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLmRVAp18pY

10. Bear macrumors G3

Camera quality is already quite good. As for battery, maybe a tad thicker but definitely not thicker than the 3rd gen iPod touch.

11. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

I dont know why apple make their Ipad last a full week on battery for moderate use and can't work the Iphone to last a full day on one charge.

12. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

You mean this? It's "iPhone compatible", so it should be iPod Touch compatible as well.

[​IMG]

13. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

It's significantly harder for them to fit a larger battery on such a small iPhone versus the larger surface on the iPad. The iPad also has more room for cooling, etc.

14. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Funny how they make Touch 5 so slim and cut out ALS without any intention to build in a bigger battery.