Give me ONE good reason to keep 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by natebookpro, Jul 4, 2009.

1. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I bought my 3GS on launch day and now I have this black 3G sitting here. I have put it on Craigslist and gotten really weak offers, eBay and have had a rash of non-payers, and then posted in the marketplace and got an offer of $125 lol (sorry if your reading this).

What im getting at is can anyone think of a good reason to keep it? Im pretty much tired of trying to sell it and I dont really need the $200. Does anyone have some good ideas for it or reasons why I should keep it. I would even trade it for a nice 2G since I miss mine so much, but I dont know Im just kind of rambling. If anyone has anything to add to this please do so!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

as a spare phone incase you drop your 3gs or something?

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Give it to somebody.

It'll come around eventually.

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I concur.

5. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

Definetly spares always come in handy. I have two spares and actually rent them out to people for a week and if they come back scratched etc. their deposit is kept plus the phone is returned. :D

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I second that, that's what I'm doing. I still have my 1st Gen.

7. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok let me elaborate.... I told my girlfriend I was going to sell it to help pay for the 3GS since I wasn't eligible for an upgrade. So she might be kind of pissed if she saw me using it in 6 months after I drop my 3GS. Plus I bought the $15/month Best Buy coverage incase I do drop it since I like rolling naked. I didnt really lie to her per say, I really did try to sell it like ten time, Im just tired of the nonsense.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Always a good idea to keep one as a spare if you don't need the cash.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Your girlfriend sounds like a wife already. Just explain you got weak offers and she can try selling it for more.

10. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

11. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

12. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

you want the phone as well right?

:p

13. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Yah so why was it rightly ever her concern if you sold or kept it anyway...

(unless you mind my asking, in which case nm).

14. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well we own a house together and stuff. But I mean she really doesnt care as long as I pay my half of the mortgage and bills and stuff. She just tells me im irresponsible with my money (which I am)

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you didnt spend her money so who cares what she thinks right?

16. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

I am just keeping my 3G as an iPod touch. I use it for the streaming apps such as Simplify, Slacker, Pandora, etc.

17. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha I live with her I got to care what she thinks. But in reality she really is cool, lets me do what I want and I let her do what she wants. Probably not a big deal if I didnt sell it, but I did tell her I was going to.

18. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I actually have a brand new 3G just sitting in my drawer:

I upgraded to the 3GS on launch day. The next day my old 3G went DEAD. really wierd. Apple gave me a new 3G 16GB white as replacement.

I use my 3GS and the 3G sits in the drawer. I am really not trusting eBay these days, so I figure I'll just hold on to it as back up for my husband / or myself.

19. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea dont trust ebay. I have always had good luck with it, but lately they have completely turned it around to protecting the buyer at all costs and scr*wing the sellers. I have run 3 auctions with non paying bidders, then I immediately send out second chance offers to the next 3 bidders and none of them bite, leading to believe they never planned on paying either! Ugh

20. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

And who said the iPhone couldn't multitask! You just need two or more.

21. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I'd keep it, jail break it, mess around with it, and use it as an iPod touch.

22. thevol macrumors member

The value of these things have really plummeted. I am trying to sell mine on craigslist, but a 8gb 3g is going for about $150 right now so I'll just keep it as a backup/ipod touch for that price. I know a month ago I could have gotten around $300......oh well, maybe I'll just give it to my nephew. He has an ipod touch but is dying to get an iphone.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Then keep your word and sell it. You said you don't need the money, so sell it for less.

24. army91c macrumors 6502a

You held onto it for to long.... when the 3gs came out you knew the 3g price would drop like a rock.... esp sense 3g and 3gs are sold all over the world now. I say keep it for a back up or give it to a friend or relative.... Karma is a good thing.

25. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

which is priceless. Wait until you have to go 3 days without your iphone.
    all you will do is beeatch about how useless whatever phone you have in the short term or the fact you don't have your iphone.