Give The iPhone A Larger Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Karel Roos, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Karel Roos macrumors newbie

Does anyone kn ow if it is possible to change the iPhnoe screen to a much larger lcd?

-Karel

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

How would you change it, the entire device would have to become larger - which is "possible" it would seem, but not very probable.

3. Karel Roos thread starter macrumors newbie

well, i wouldnt be using it as an iphone anymore, but more as a touch screen monitor that would lay on a table... Do you know if that would be possible>

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It has been long rumored that Apple will come out with some kind of a tablet device, but of course, that wouldn't be the iphone, it would be a totally different device.

5. Karel Roos thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont want to make a tablet computer, just a touch screen monitor that would sit on my desk... but back to the original question, is it possible to use a larger screen?

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You mean, like hook up an iPhone to a TV or a computer monitor? I think there is a way to do that if you jailbreak the iPhone. And of course, Apple sells a video cable to watch iPhone videos on a TV, but that works for videos only.

7. Karel Roos thread starter macrumors newbie

no, i dont want to do that either... i just want to give my iphone a larger screen

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

But where do you think you would get a larger screen for your iphone, and if you found one, how do you think you would hook it up? Like I said, an iPhone with a larger screen would be a different device -- an "iTablet."

9. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

lolwut? then put the TV screen on that table of yours with the iPhone using the TVout or ScreenSplitr app :confused: You'll have to tap the iphone's screen and the tv will reflect what's on the iphone screen. No way of using an external touchscreen.

10. Karel Roos thread starter macrumors newbie

So its not possible? I just want to swap out the iphone screen for like a screen for a tablet pc... Would that work?

11. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

No.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You are not going to find a tablet pc screen that comes without a tablet pc, if you see what I'm saying?

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i have a hard time see how one would even do this

I mean how would you handle the phone part? The screen is recessed into the phone itself

How would you deal with the resolution?

How would you connect the screen?

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's kind of like a square peg won't fit in a round hole. Except this is a bigger rectangular peg fitting in a smaller one.:)

15. Karel Roos thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, well it was worth a try... Thank you all very much for replying, i really appreciate it. I have another idea, that is really far out there, but would it somehow be possible to run a version of the mac software for a computer on the iphone? So then the iphone would become a tiny little computer? or am i just losing my mind? lol

Thanks again

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The iPhone *is* a tiny little computer, have you seen all the apps there are for it? You can do almost anything you can with a desktop computer on an iPhone. However, you can't just take software written for a Mac and run on it on the iPhone, it's a different operating system, it would be kind of like trying to run Windows software on a Mac. But there are many software makers who have come out with versions of their software for the iPhone. For instance, there's Bento for the Mac and there's Bento for the iPhone. QuickOffice for the iPhone lets you read and edit Office docs on the iPhone, etc. etc.

17. Karel Roos thread starter macrumors newbie

is there a way to kind of reformat it so that it would be possible to run mac?

18. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

No.

19. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

That's what the tablet will (supposedly) do...

20. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

look into telekinesis

essentially allows you to control your computer through your iphone, display and all. actually kind of sweet

is that what you are asking?

http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis/