Giving a massage certificate as a anniversary present?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by .JahJahwarrior., Sep 20, 2009.

1. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

I've been dating this gal for a year, and am planning a date to celebrate that fact. I think I'll take her to some swan boats at a local lake I can rent for a half hour and then we'll go to a nearby vegan cafe to eat. Lately, she's been complaining of pain in her back from boxing, and I give her a massage, but I'm no expert, so I was thinking about paying for her to go in for a massage session with a professional, and that would give me time to go pick up some food to make it a picnic instead. But that might be kind of weird, spa things are something I could see myself giving her if we were married and like, 50... Any girls here been given a professional massage from their boyfriends and thought it was sweet?

2. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

Out of the blue it would be a tad weird, but if she has back pains it just seems like you listened to her and care :)

//Not a girl

3. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

It depends on the personality of the girl, but I've gifted a day at the spa, and it seemed really well received.

4. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

It is a good gift. Most women love stuff like that

5. .JahJahwarrior. thread starter macrumors 6502

It wouldn't be a day at the spa, it'd be a 30 minute back and neck deep tissue massage....

I've got two options,
    Spa Type Place
    Medical Type Place

Spa type place might be more romantic, but it'd be a 25 minute neck and shoulder massage.

Medical type place might do a better job at the massage, it'd be a 30 minute deep tissue sports massage.

6. AngryApple macrumors 6502

I don't think she will mind. I, on the other hand, hate having my hair done or nails done. If I had a boyfriend and he got me a certificate for a massage I really would not enjoy it. So as long as your girlfriend is not like me I think you'll be fine.

7. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Buy her a iPhone 3GS.

(you asked for relationship advice on a Apple forum, so that's the answer you got :p)

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I think a spa day would be a little better, but that's just my personal preference.

9. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Most women like that kind of stuff. If she doesn't like it you can give it to me. :D

10. Chimpy macrumors 6502

If she's anything like my wife then yes, it's a good idea :).

11. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I don't see why she won't like it. I love going to spas and I'm a guy. :D

12. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

+1

I'd vote for the "spa type place" over the "medical type place" though. :)