Giving away my iPad2: how to disable FaceTime?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maxap, Apr 17, 2011.

1. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

Hey guys,

I am giving away my iPad2 and would like to know how I must disable FaceTime associated wit this particular device and my e-mail. Is it enough to disable FaceTime from the app itself or do I need to disassociate this iPad with my e-mail?

In a couple of weeks, I will be buying a new iPad2 that I would like to use with my old e-mail, which is now associated with my e-mail. Maybe it is that simple that when I buy a new iPad2 and enter the same e-mail address, I will again get an e-mail message to verify it and everything will work again on a new device.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

2. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Restoring your current iPad to it`s factory settings should be sufficient.
    This can be done via iTunes.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

What Fubar said or from the iPad go into Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings

4. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

No probs.

If you aren`t already aware of this, you can also "restore" your settings/apps/email etc onto your new iPad so setting up your next one should be a breeze.

6. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Go to settings, general, reset, and click "erase all content and settings". I done this with when I gave away my black iPad 2 for a white one. Be sure to back up everything on your iPad via iTunes, just click the device on the left panel of the iTunes window and click on "back-up". Its also best to "transfer purchases" by left-clicking on the iPad name.

Hopefully you can restore everything back onto your new iPad without any issues. I restored mine and even the last page that I left opened on my previous iPad was saved onto my new one!! Apple really does take backing up data very seriously!