iPad Giving my dad my old iPad 1, but dont want to restore and lose jailbreak, any tips ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Johnick, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Johnick macrumors member

Hi,

I got an iPad 2 and am giving my dad my old iPad 1 which is jailbroken, theres no system tweaks and I only did it to get old versions of apps from the app store before Apple let you download the last one for the version of iOS your on (in this case 5.1.1). I don't want to lose the jailbreak but heard that selecting "erase all content and settings" is a bad idea on a jailbroken iPad, ive done an iCloud backup of my Ipad 1 and was going to use that to restore on my new iPad 2.

Advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. UhFive macrumors regular

UhFive

I used "SemiRestore" and it literally restores your iDevice to as if it just came out of the box, but keeps the Jailbreak and whatever iOS version you're on.
    http://semi-restore.com

3. iHacker0390 macrumors member

ilexrat and semi restore, or just restore in itunes and re jailbreak 5.1.1

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

the latest version fo the ipad 1 is iOS 5.1.1. you can restore using itunes and rejailbreak using absinthe v2.0.4 or redsn0w

5. Sine Qua Non macrumors member

came here to say what darricksailo already did

6. Johnick thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys

I restored the iPad in iTunes but now when I try to download apps that require ios6 instead of letting me download the last version for 5.1.1 its just saying I need iOS 6 like before Apple made the change a few months back, any idea why ?.

7. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Does anyone know if this works with the new Jailbreak that just came out today?

8. Johnick, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

Johnick thread starter macrumors member

Just restored the iPad 1, and now any app requiring iOS6 or higher is giving me the same message as it did before apple made the change in September :mad:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/17...pps-for-users-running-legacy-versions-of-ios/

As in its saying I need to upgrade to iOS 6 (not possible on iPad 1). I dont understand why its doing this, before apple made this change I was forced to jailbreak my ipad to get those old apps, but once it made the change I was able to download the newest versions of apps for 5.1.1 like Chrome and Youtube straight from the app store no problem. Any idea why its done this now ?, Id hate to have to jailbreak it again and download the apps (all of which are free) from elsewhere.

Lokks like im not the only one with this problem

https://discussions.apple.com/messa...e Version" option from the App Store#23642482

Seems to be AppleID specific.