Giving my iPhone 3G to my girlfriend questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justflie, Jun 15, 2009.

1. justflie macrumors 6502a

justflie

Hey guys,

My girlfriend has a contract with ATT (just for a regular phone). I'll be getting the iPhone 3G S this Friday. I'm assuming that I'm supposed to switch sims with my current iPhone 3G (put the new sim from 3g S into my 3g and vice versa).

I'm giving my iPhone 3G to my gf. With the new SIM inside the phone, is it a simple matter of running through the iTunes interface to port her number/sign her up for the new contract? Does the new contract simply write over/supersede the previous one she had been using?

Thanks!

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

i new sim will have your number.. so have her put her sim in and when she activates on itunes i wont extend her contract since she didnt buy it from att..

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

It will likely just add the data package on top of what she has now, via iTunes.

4. justflie thread starter macrumors 6502a

justflie

Ah...I hadn't considered that. I assumed it would simply be a blank SIM. So you're thinking that it's already programmed from the info I put in on Apple's pre-order site?

5. chox99 macrumors regular

Why don't you just put your GF's current sim in your 3G and call it a day? :confused:She can add data plan later if she want. and when you upgrade/buy 3gs, you can still use your sim