Giving up on iDisk, going to Dropbox.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by miamialley, Aug 11, 2010.

1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I've had regular problems with iDisk not updating. I've talked to Apple and 'fixed' the problem, but the issue resurfaces every month or so and it's a huge ordeal to get the iDisk back to normal.

Dropbox does the same thing as iDisk and is free. Bye bye Mobileme.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

3. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

No, I use it to sync my calendars and contacts also. But I have to have a reliable "iDisk."

4. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

5. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Not that I'm aware of. I know some people use google to sync contacts and calendar. I've never tried it, but should.

6. AD7863 macrumors newbie

AD7863

I've been using Drop Box for months and I havn't had a single problem with it. It rocks!

7. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

yeh well after re-activating my MobileMe account about a month ago I too have decided to go back to Google and Dropbox.

Should it be iCal or Address Book they can sync natively with Google even for private calendar and they have an exchange like protocole for smartphones as well.

Dropbox is also pretty cool, fast, reliable, even more native than the iDisk which uses webdav. You can use the Backup.app software and plan incremental backups to the dropbox.

8. cipher29 macrumors regular

iDisk is terrible compared to Dropbox.. I pay $99 per year JUST for 50gb with dropbox.. I mainly use mobile me for Email/Bookmarks/Galleries..

9. quidire macrumors 6502

quidire

I use both; the free DropBox for filesystem-based syncing, the iDisk for storing important files.