Giving up the iPhone for the blackberry bold :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajpak, Oct 29, 2008.

1. ajpak macrumors member

So I have decided to go with the blackberry bold i was playing with it today and it felt really nice... Although I can text just as fast on a iphone then on a blackberry i still need a non glitchy phone... I cant stand when the phone is not reliable in functionality (even small glitches)... I love the iPhone but for functionality i got to give it to the bold over the iPhone as a phone... Since i dont use the ipod on the iphone nor watch movies on it i rather have a blackberry since i email and text a bunch... Battery life is good on the iPhone but the bold does have a better battery life. I have been contemplating for a while which phone too use haha ! What do you guys think?

2. rs13 macrumors member

give us feedback about the bold

hey shame to here your enjoying your iphone i would really like to here a lil feedback about the bold im not planning on getting a bold but it sure would be nice to hear what you like about and also point out features for the iphone that need to be added.
    Hope you enjoy your new bold

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You know, it wasn't till I bought a BlackBerry Curve a few weeks back that I didn't realize how all these features that the iPhone is missing are really helpful.

Sure I could have continued to do without copy and paste and background applications, but once you have a phone that can do all these things, you use them and you wonder why you put up with a phone without them for so long.

Some of more useful apps that I have purchased for my BlackBerry are the Garmin Navigator with turn by turn. It also continues to navigate when opening other apps.

BeeJive is another cool one and yes is available for the iPhone as well but on the BlackBerry, you can do other things and as an IM comes in, a message pops up on the screen to let you know. You can also change the color of the message indicator light to let you know there is a new IM. Mine flashes white.

Enjoy your Bold. BlackBerry knows how to make phones well and hopefully in a few years, the iPhone will be real competion to the BlackBerry feature wise.

4. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

the blackberry sure could use some better design.

But function wise, I think you made a great choice. Congrats. :)

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'd consider the Bold but the deal breaker is just how pathetically slow their mobile browser is. 3G on the iPhone loads pages faster than blackberry bolds on wifi. Other than that, it looks nice and maybe it's something they can fix.

6. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

what do you do for a living

honestly i think that is a large factor on whether the Iphone is right for you

hands down epocrates ( drug information program) runs fabulously on the iPhone, compared to other phones I've seen run the software

7. markgamber macrumors 6502

Whatever works. I bought a Tilt a couple of months ago for the same reason. I needed a professional pda and I don't believe Apple will ever allow the iPhone to be that. If they won't change, I will. I also have a Blackberry 8800 and it's a nice phone, but it's getting a little long in the tooth and spends most of it's time on the desk these days.

8. bigmouth macrumors 6502

I think no one knows your preferences better than you. If you're dissatisfied with the iPhone, make the change. I never would buy a BB, but I'm not you -- and neither is anyone else on this forum.

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Just as a fair warning...

Prepare for a lot of issues as well. They're running a new OS version and the hardware has many of the same issues as the iPhone 3G.