Gizmodo dedicating its sight to hurt the iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconeight, Jun 26, 2010.

1. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Its pretty sad that they are supposed to be unbiased. I know about what happened between them and apple but come on its a bit over the top already.

2. 3eyes macrumors newbie

They're a blog, that doesn't mean that they are supposed to be unbiased. Also, they posted links to positive reviews but pretty much the only news about the iPhone 4 right now is about its various shortcomings.

3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    To be expected. You take legal proceedings against a publication and the publication will set out to hurt you in the way it knows best. Right or wrong, it's no surprise.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I unsubsribed from their RSS. Every single item was iPhone related. And it's not like there's anything new in their reports. It's like 24 hour news channel - they just keep saying the same thing over and over.

6. GinoDotCom macrumors regular

Haven't followed gizmodo's site but the whole antenna issue is a REAL problem (which by the way, still continues to develop). A potential huge issue that many happy Apple customers are neglecting to realize.

I'm one of those happy customers, but never made the pre ordering list thus not a 4 owner just yet. But within the past 24hrs, I'm slowly starting to see the big picture of what this could potentially unfold into.

7. Hieu macrumors member

lol

8. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

"I read Gizmodo when I want to see what was on Engadget yesterday"
    :p

9. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

The iPhone hurt itself.

Don't kill the messenger.

When the EVO had screen problems Giz was first to report it.

Stop crying about BS.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Sure, like Apple's prosecuting them wasn't over the top.

Apple should've known better.

11. bentrider macrumors member

Couldn't agree more. I removed them from my RSS feed.

12. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

So, if the were better journalists (and I use this term very loosely), they should have ignored the iPhone 4 antenna issue? All the places I frequent, Macrumors, 9to5Mac, and Engaget all ran stories too. Why are you signaling out Gizmodo?

13. supremeMilo macrumors member

Gizmodo is being unbiased, they say some iPhone 4 stuff is good some is a massive engineering failure.

14. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

They are just pouting in the corner like children. Honestly, I never liked the attitude of Gizmodo anyway. Same goes for Engadget, I just don't like them.

15. lilo777 macrumors 603

Every single item in their RSS feed was iPhone or iPad related upon every release of new Apple product lately but you were OK with that until iPhone 4?

16. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

Yes, prosecuting thieves is absurd.

17. mckinnie macrumors newbie

I don't think they are trying to "hurt" the iPhone 4, they are just saying what users are reporting. Lets not cry foul here just because the shortcomings are being exposed. A massively produced product like this is bound to have problems. Equally annoying are the blogs that simply praise it and deny anyone is having any problems whatsoever, chalking it up to "user error" or any other excuse they can pull to defend their precious product.

Apple will work it all out in the end. :)

18. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

You're exaggerating. I'm not. Every item in the last few days! Not most, not a lot, every item! And as I said, they're not saying anything they haven't already said.

And it's Gizmodo. When they write something negative it's reeks more because of the whole dismantling stolen goods and extortion thing.

19. advan031 macrumors 6502

I don't see how they are hurting the iPhone when millions have sold already lmao

20. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

fanboys charge!! some of these threads are a joke, "does everyone just love steves comments!" and the like, weve been ripped off folks! period. they have done nothing but report the truth, which is iphone 4 sucks

21. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I haven't been ripped off. My phone's perfect.

22. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

and im happy for you, but mine is not okay, neither are a lot of other peoples, they f*cked up big time if you ask me

23. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

I've read all this and most ofnthe complaints about the new iPhone started within hours of it release. If keeping skin off of a millimeter thick line is all inhale to do to get great reception from the worlds best phone so be it. If dropping my phone 4 times on concrete breaks the glass(which would happen on any phone) then maybe I shouldn't drop it on the concrete.

I just came from a nexus one and it was made from metal but the screen had a problem cracking in peoples pocket and I'm pretty sure the rest of androids phones have the same problem. The battery lasted a whole 9 hours on a good day. The android market has 1% useful apps and 99% crap. I am pretty sure that android has a great future but right now they are very behind. Blackberry have great business solutions but need a modern phone.

All this wannabe phone scientist on YouTube are full of it especially when the entire conclusion was done in less than a day.

24. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Return it and buy another brand that's what people do.