gizmodo review of 3gs - its FAST

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shk718, Jun 17, 2009.

1. shk718 macrumors 65816

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Stunning.

I hope the "it's not a real upgrade" people will finally go away now.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Nope, not going to happen. As long as people are still locked in their contract with their 3g, they won't admit its a significant upgrade. :rolleyes:

This makes me want my 3Gs so much moreeee. Friday cant come soon enough!

4. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

I'm "locked in", not too resentfully, but I'm happy to admit it's a reasonable update.
    It just feels small compared to iPhone -> iPhone 3G transition which brought 3G, GPS, and a new design.

4.0, as it's being called, I feel will be a more substantial jump.

5. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Well then you are an exception sir.

I hope 3Gs2.0 will be a ginormous upgrade. :)

6. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Fantastic

I wish I never saw that now I want mine ten times worse. anybody want to go to Kentucky UPS holding location and raid it. Come on who is with me!

8. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Yeah, it's fast, and yes it is an upgrade worth getting, but I just cannot afford this. I'd have to sell my 3G and save up for over a month or so to get it, and it'll be a while before it can be Jailbroken.

I'd love to have one, but I only got my 3G for Christman, which isn't very long ago, so it's just not going to happen. If it was an AMAZING upgrade I'd think about selling my 3G and saving for one.

9. Davide82 macrumors member

If say we did do a raid on a UPS plant in order to make it out of there alive with an iphone. Do you think they will be able to track who we are by us using the phone or would there be no way to tell that it was us who just raided a ups plant and stole iphones?

10. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

Ahahaha remember when the 3G came out and people said it was't a real upgrade?
    Now many say, that the 3G was a way bigger update than the 3Gs is.
    Wow

11. Goona macrumors 68020

Goona

And people said the same thing before 3.0 was released, when 4.0 is released, they'll be looking forward to 5.0].

12. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

As I've said all along it's a big upgrade. This shows that it's significant even for typical usage, let alone optimized apps.

13. Lakailb87 macrumors regular

Why does the screen looked so washed out on the new one?

14. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I don't know but you'd figure Gizmodo would be able to post this stuff in full 1080i. Atleast my home grown review Friday will be in HD lol.

15. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

16. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Apple made the screen even warmer. Which sucks, because I don't like the brown look warm screens have. That's the first thing I adjust when getting a new Mac.

17. Seraphx17 macrumors member

Engadget's review is a lot more negative. Gizmodo's review is way more enthusiastic about it. What I don't understand is how they said it is now a nearly perfect phone, but they are in ways let down???

18. Michael8 macrumors newbie

Making the image warmer and colors appearing washed out (less saturated) are two separate things. It also appears that the image on the new 3gs is less sharp.

I'm basing this on a compressed video so take it for what it's worth (or check it for yourself at the link bellow).

http://www.411gamer.com/2009/06/17/iphone-3g-s-review/

19. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I didn't think that Engadget's review was negative. They did say that some things still weren't up to par with what they want, but they admit that they're really techy and not average users.

20. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

What is with people quoting me and saying I said things that I never did. Where did I say anything about looking washed out? I just said I don't like warm screens...

21. The General macrumors 601

I want to see a Palm Pre vs. iPhone 3G S video. I mostly just care about browser speed.

22. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

23. n8236 macrumors 65816

Dev team has already jailbroken and unlocked the iPhone 3Gs. Software will be available on Friday.

24. xyion1 macrumors regular

ultrasn0w only works on the 3.0 software, not necessarily the 3Gs (new hardware).

25. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Even the Gizmodo article stated at the end that its an "evolutionary" upgrade and not necessarily worth getting if you already have a 3G under contract.

That being said, I've heard nothing about one of the most important features of any phone--call quality and connectivity. The 3GS might be a much better portable computing device but if it dropped fewer calls than my 3G I'd run out and get one.