Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
I hate these teaser things that websites seem to be doing a lot of now. Reminds me too much of the local news. A lot of hype for some stupid report just to get some hits on their site.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
9PM US Pacific time eh? So in about 20 minutes eh?

That's 2pm my time, by the way, it's nearly 2pm on September the 12th - bloody Apple, late as usual....

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
rtdgoldfish said:
I hate these teaser things that websites seem to be doing a lot of now. Reminds me too much of the local news. A lot of hype for some stupid report just to get some hits on their site.
Personally, I hate it when the news comes on and says "The NWS has just issue a _______ warning, weather in 10 minutes" wtf? In 10 minutes the tornado will have already taken me to Oz, tell me now, or forget. It's like that silly tagline "Breaking News...".

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
I just realized something....they say it's a review...and they never said it was an Apple product...<<hits self for reading pointless digg.com headline>>

EDIT: It's a f***ing Tivo review...the hype is too much, and the rum inhibits my judgement...

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
MovieCutter said:
I just realized something....they say it's a review...and they never said it was an Apple product...<<hits self for reading pointless digg.com headline>>

Yeah...it's their TiVo Series 3 review. Nice, but not Apple. :rolleyes:

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Don't get me wrong, i LOVE my TiVo, and the new Series 3 looks fantastic (eSATA for cryin' out loud!) but I wouldn't call it an 8.7 on the gadget richter scale!

I just hope that they improved processing speed. My TiVo Series 2 laaaaags with menus etc.

Old Smuggler

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
that tivo is like what 2-3 years old we were seeing pictures of that SOB a year ago
and it still looks the same
i mean yeah its great that its actually out now but when you have seen it once, well, you know the old saying

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
The industrial design of that is kinda.... ugly.

This is JUST like that "big Nintendo announcement" last week, which turned out to be so lame, I can't even remember what it was.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
In it's any consolation, I read the blog post to mean an Apple announcement as well. The timing is just peachy! Lousy writing and fever-pitch anticipation conspired to confuse readers. I had to read the post three times!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.