Glad I waited

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bijou, Sep 10, 2008.

1. bijou macrumors regular

bijou

Picked up the 2nd gen Touch at lunch today, and I am NOT disappointed at all. The only thing which is a bummer is there aren't any cases yet so it's being carefully guarded in its birthday suit.:D

This will be replacing the older iPod, which another family member will be taking (it works perfectly still, btw). The GUI on this little machine is a real pleasure to use, the Apps Store is definitely the diva of the show however.

2. Raytheon117 macrumors newbie

That's great to know! I just ordered mine today :) Should be here by next week though (but it's being engraved so it's worth the wait methinks).

Did you have an iPod Touch before? Or is this your first one?

3. bijou thread starter macrumors regular

bijou

No, it's replacing a 5.5 gen iPod video which is a solid little workhorse (a family member is taking it off my hands). I have wanted the Touch for awhile (especially after the App store took off), but knew that it's often better to wait for 2nd gen products and price reductions.

Engraving sounds nice especially since it's free right now.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I thought about ordering one with the engraving but I couldn't wait, had to run out and get one yesterday... (kinda reduces your resale value also, no?)

5. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Good to hear, I can't wait to pick mine up. I just sold my 1st Generation Touch on eBay. The auction ended the day the new one was released and I got $310 for it. So I'm going to get the new one for almost nothing.