Glad to be a new owner!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Michael CM1, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Got a MBA yesterday to help with school. I'm hoping I can get the extra $150 off I found out about today, but $899 didn't used to get you a 13.3" MBA.

The three things I already know is it's light, it's thin, and the battery lasts a while. Icloud makes setting it up as a new Mac instead of restoring from your also-in-use iMac easier. I don't have the need for most of that software, especially with only 128GB to use. I'm really looking forward to more photos being accessible via icloud. Right now I've just been using it on a class website that requires Flash.

Hope to share more thoughts once I've used it more. As a cord-cutter, I'm hoping it might help me get more access to shows only available on websites via desktop.

2. MikeVera macrumors member

Congrats on the pickup! It's an awesome machine.

I'm consistently blown away at how capable the Air is.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

4. motty2307 macrumors regular

Congrats!

I've also recently purchased the 13.3" MBA and I'm loving it. I upgraded to the I7 processor and 8GB of RAM. For a while I couldn't decide between the MBA and the MBP, but considering the cost difference, I'm glad I went with the MBA.

5. Trvlngnrs macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

6. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Congrats! I am on my second MBA and it is without a doubt the best notebook I've ever owned. I carry it around with me all the time; the battery life still blows me away on the 2013 model. Enjoy it!

7. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

8. KevinMac macrumors regular

KevinMac

Congrats! I just picked up the 11" model and love it.

9. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

I usually get over the "new car smell" of things quickly, but even 10 months after getting my mid-2013 MBA I still get that same feeling from when it first got here. Just so quick and light and sexy...best purchase I've made in years. Couldn't be happier..

Welcome to the club! :apple:

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congrats to the OP, and I will join will all of the others on this thread who wish you (and your new purchase) well.

Moreover, in common with everyone else who has posted, I, too, have been absolutely bowled over by the 2013 MBA; it is a terrific machine, blazing fast, very powerful, exceptionally portable and with a great battery life.

Meanwhile, enjoy your MBA...

11. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I feel like I just got a new computer with a thunderbolt dock for my 2011 air.

couldn't imagine 2013 ARM-like battery life, but usually a non issue :D

12. Mac.User macrumors 6502

The MAN?