Glad to get rid of 3GS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gav2k, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Well today I decided to take my case off to give my 3GS a little clean and yet again I find cracks. This will be the third time having it replaced. I'll be glad to get rid of this crapply plastic back next Thursday!

2. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

The Zagg IS on mine is starting to peel near the dock connector so I pulled it a bit and noticed a small crack running up from the dock connector about 1/4".

I am in totally agreement with you happily getting rid of the plastic phone.

3. Gav2k thread starter macrumors G3

Gav2k

Luckily I'm still covered so I'll be going into the store tomorrow for a replacement.

Glass front and back with stainless surround sounds good to me!

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My sentiments exactly! Although I'm glad to get nice looking replacement to sell.

5. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Replace the 3GS to sell it as new condition, replace to have a nice new one for a backup and say hi to iPhone 4!

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

i'll wait for a new thread from you in the coming weeks complaining about another small problem, on your iPhone 4 :rolleyes:

7. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I noticed right before mine was replaced I had a crack near the chrome trim. Not sure how long it was there since I always have a back cover on it.

8. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I just switched mine out a few days ago under warranty and after 4 months of using it without a case it was riddled with cracks and when I would squeeze the edges it would squeek! But now I have a new one I'll keep in my otterbox until I sell it.

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I have to agree with this thread. I love the 3GS itself, but the casing sucks.

10. twitchtwice macrumors member

yes, the new front/back glass is going to be really nice to have on this phone.

11. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

I kept mine in a case, so it looks perfect. But the battery drain is crazy (and getting worse). And I got the white screen once (only once). So I'm thinking of keeping my applecare and taking it in for a replacement so I don't have to worry about my sale.

(just bought ac a couple of weeks ago)

12. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

You guys must treat your phones like crap. Got mine day one and is perfect condition.

13. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

No. The plastic is too tight where it connects to the main frame. It's a well documented issue that will get you an instant replacement.

14. budman1961 macrumors regular

Imagine how us 3g people feel! I cant wait either!