Glad to see less repeat topics and more useful ones!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Sir Ruben, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

After a week or so of MANIC repeat posts one after another, its nice to see the forum has calmed down and filled with more useful topics once again. Still cant believe that MR didnt move them all to a specific sub forum but there you go! Can you imagine so may repeat posts being tolerated on other forums? Anyway thanks to everyone providing genuinely useful information, and enjoy your new phone. I know I am :)

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Haha, yeah I noticed that too. Good to be back to normal(ish).

3. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Yep, nice to have the board back after all the chaos. I assume the unhappy finally returned their phones.

4. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Good point I never thought of that! Well at least they made good on their threats. Maybe they are living the dream right now on Android :eek:

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Agreed! I was beginning to think MacRumors had become MacMoaners! :)

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Now let's get rid of juvenile responses that didn't exist a year ago like "Cool story bro," "Orly," "Pics or it didn't happen," etc.

7. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Now THAT I can agree with!

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The poor Mods have been very busy and have banned numerous haters who never owned an iPhone and just signed up to cause trouble. Hats off to the Mods since they are the real ones who have been catching hell.:)

9. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

How would you know what normal is you have only just joined?
    or are you one of them? June 2O1Oers? and have rejoined?
    mmmm
    LOL
    :)
    But yes i agree with you

10. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Join date means nothing. People bringing that up is another thing that needs to go away along with "cool story bro"...

I have been reading these forums for two years, I have a lot of time to kill at work and probably have kept closer tabs on these forums then a lot of the older members on here. I know what normally goes on here, how to act on here, and how it has gotten a bit crazy around here lately. I just never had a reason to post until June of this year. Registration date does not mean everything. I am sure I am not the only person like that.

11. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

This is an awkward thread if you only joined the forum 2 days ago.

12. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Normally, I would agree with you about the join date being irrelevant, however there was a HUGE influx of new users that were clearly here just to flame the new iPhone and it's widely exaggerated "death grip reception" issue...most ALL of them were Android users/Apple Haters and have since either been banned or simply went back to the Android boards...
    Notice most of the over the top "Apple is evil" "Apple FanBoys are morons" negative threads have disappeared...

13. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Oh yeah, I can't disagree that there were a lot of them. Place blame where it is due. However some people seems to just be lumping everyone who joined in June into the "June 2010 annoying newbie" pile regardless of if there complaint, issue, or what not was valid or not.

14. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

True, but unfortunately we all fall into discriminatory practices and I'm just as guilty.

15. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

That is unfortunate...however, it DOES seem the Android troll have gone home...:D
    Welcome, and we're glad you have come out of the shadows and joined the asylum. :)

16. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Yep.

17. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Report those posts - we delete them as soon as we know about them. (But I think only "Cool story bro" is new - I remember the others from a few years back. :p).

Thank you. :)