Glances not updating, hanging iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by peteo, Apr 24, 2015.

1. peteo, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

peteo macrumors regular

In having issues with my glances not updating, and even freezing my iPhone when I have the Apple watch app open. (Phone takes 30-60 seconds to unlock) I have the transit app and in glances mode it never can get location. If I open the app on my iPhone, that app has no issue, finds my location in 1 second. The Apple watch app and glance never seem to find my location. Also the ESPN glance will not update, along with dark sky glance. Rebooting watch, launching app on watch, launching app on iPhone, does not help. Not sure what's going on..

2. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

Me too
    Glances won't refresh (some of them does)
    I hope Apple will release an update soon

3. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

4. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

Turning off and on each glance seems to help
    But of course this wrong

5. MacintoshDan macrumors regular

My glances won't update. Phone isn't hanging up though. Even the stock weather glance won't update.

6. Apple163 macrumors member

I powered off the watch and then back on. The glances refreshed and have continued to refresh and work properly. I will see how it works through the day.

7. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

Thank you please keep us posted

8. hazeydavey macrumors regular

Same here. ESPN real bad. Shows the Yankees up 2-0 in the second from last night still and the Pens and Rangers tied at 1.

NY Times too hasn't changed the headlines, CNN not showing anything. Imagine more of this has to do with 3rd party app makers getting their a$$ in gear.

9. ddrulez macrumors member

Yeah glances are not really stable. I hope there will an update in the future.

10. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

same problem here
    the whole thing becomes useless if we can't trust that the data we're looking at is current

when the glances do work, it already takes a few seconds for the data to be updated from cached data to current data; which is a major problem imo. but if on top of it, it sometimes get stuck and doesn't get updated, we think we're looking at current data when the data is actually cached, making the whole thing useless.

Each piece of data should be treated as time: there is no point to have a regular watch if the time is cached from yesterday when you look at it; it should be the same philosophy for every data being displayed on the watch. We need to be able to glance at it for a sec, and trust what we see without having to analyze for 5 min whether or not I can trust it

11. maugustine, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

maugustine macrumors regular

maugustine

My glances aren't updating either. And there's no indicator to show whether its up to date or not. I'll try rebooting.

Update: didn't reboot yet, but next time I tried the glances I saw a "last updated at ..." Notification at the bottom of the screen. Not sure why those only show up sometimes. Also, then the glance updated and did also the next few times I tried.

But I agree, we need to be able to trust that we're looking at the most current info, otherwise it's pretty useless.