Glances or the Now Playing glance should be available in the workout app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by venividivigor, Jun 24, 2015.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

It's complicated to find the music app and access the now playing section. It would be very convenient if they add glances and notification when youre using the workout app.

2. PilotC150 macrumors member

I completely agree! It's annoying when a song comes on while I'm running and a song comes on I'm not in the mood for and it's a bunch of clicks/taps to get to the next track.

I don't deal with going into the Music app, though. I just go to the watch screen, then use the glance from there, but it's still really annoying.

3. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I agree with this as well. I was just thinking about this the last time I worked out.

4. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

Double tap the crown to switch between the last two used apps i.e. workout and music. That's what I did today, although it would be nice if glances were still available in app view.

5. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

If all I need is now playing, the headphone controls are the quickest way to change the tune or the volume without looking.

6. fireman13 macrumors 6502

I couldn't agree more! That's one of my biggest gripes. I frequently use a stopwatch while training and every time I have to double click to get to the stopwatch or worse, if I want to change songs and the last app was the stopwatch I now have to go to the home screen, scroll to find music . When I do this though, it becomes the same issue when I need the stop watch again. You get the back and forth delema. A simple glances would fix all that

7. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Totally agree - I feel like glances should be available anywhere unless an app specifically says they don't want them (In case they need swiping gestures, for example.)

The workout app is currently the worst offender, you are almost always going to be playing music, so to switch between them requires a double tap + swipe up.

8. zaneliu macrumors 6502

zaneliu

Also would like a faster access to pausing the timer and a split timer available for running. These functions are quite useful for runners. Force touching to pause mid workout is far to inconvenient.

9. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

Unfortunately the lack of buttons for the minimalist look hampers usability.

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Glances added to the Workout App wouldn't require any buttons or effect the minimalist look. It would in fact add to these because:

Double Tap Crown & Slide Up would become just Slide Up, eliminating the Crown button and making the effort minimal.

11. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

My answer was in reply to the person immediately before me regarding faster access to starting and stopping timers, etc. If the watch had two more small buttons on the other side as used to be the convention, the device would be a lot simpler and quicker to use, you wouldn't even have to look at the watch to do something as simple as start/stop a timer. Less isn't always more as apple seems to think. I expect the next version of the watch may have a third button and the one after that a fourth, lol.

12. zaneliu macrumors 6502

zaneliu

I was thinking they could use the friends button during workout as a start stop. I mean who's going to look for their friend to message mid running workout

13. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

Yeah hopefully in future versions of the OS we can customise the button functions and gestures to our own needs, it would certainly go a long way to improving the experience.

14. Knightcastle macrumors regular

Knightcastle

Yeah I agree. I want red dot and notifications from workout app.