Glare on Ipad similar to Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darkpixie08, Oct 12, 2010.

1. darkpixie08 macrumors member

For people who have both an iphone and an ipad, can you tell me if the glare on the ipad when outside is similar to the iphone? Unfortunately it's not like I can take one from the apple store outside for a test run before I buy it.

2. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

It is similar to my Macbook pro. You definitely need some shade to use them both. I have an iPhone 4 and have no trouble seeing it in bright sunlight. My 3rd gen iPod touch however, is very difficult to see without shade. I think you would have no trouble with text, but games and pictures would probably suffer quite a bit.

Side note: If it's really that nice of a day outside, should you really be messing around on the iPad anyway? lol :p

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

The glare on the iPad is horrible. The glare on any device I have used with a gloss screen has been horrible.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

My iPhone 4 fares a lot better outside than the iPad. The iPad really is pretty awful in the sun.

5. joudbren macrumors regular

iPad is definitely worse in bright sun. With the iPhone you can at least shade it with your hand to read the screen in a pinch... not so much with the iPad.

James

6. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

It's glossy. 'Nuff said.

Expanding on that; yes; you'll need shade to use it outside on a sunny day (unless you get something like one of those anti-glare screenies, and probably not perfect even then.)
    Could be worse; eg. an OLED diplay - at least an LCD shows something.