glare/reflection

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jondunford, Jan 11, 2014.

1. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

i spend about 50% of my computer time in a certain location and i never noticed glare on my macbook air but on my pro i do

how is the iMac screen in comparison to the macbook pro screen as far as glare goes? i see people complaining its really bad and other say its improved a lot with the thinner iMacs?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Glare is non-existent. But if you sit at your iMac with your back facing the window, glare is going to be there even if you have an antiglare screen.

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Never used a matt screen by Eizo or NEC I take it. My study has a real small window and I mostly edit photos at night. If not I just close the blind. Works for me with my iMac.

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I have an early-2011 MBP with the matte option and have used it with a window behind me, so I'm just giving an estimate for an iMac with an antiglare film :)

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

It's a shame Apple don't offer the mat screens of some of their competitors. They are even better than the previous versions of antiglare they used to offer.
    Sadly not enough people care about this stuff to give apple a market.

6. jondunford thread starter macrumors 6502

jondunford

hmm

whilst on this topic, is there a problem using an iPhone outside on a sunny day?

i have literally not used a mobilephone/cellphone whatever its called, since the days of black and white phones with keypads, when they did no more than text and call

7. tgrays macrumors member

These days, they're called smart phones I think. ;)

All kidding aside, no I don't have any problem using an iPhone outside on a sunny day (at least not anything out of the general difficulty in trying to see anything at all, phones or not, when the sun is glaring down at it). I've had to shield it a little with my hand on very sunny days, but not because of the glare though... more because of the auto-brightness I think?