Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I just got my 2011 mini server that came with Lion. I run with dual monitors, one in standard format but I rotate the other into portrait mode.

I set up the monitors and the rotation as I want, but the next time I restart the computer, everything is messed up. The main monitor (that is in landscape mode) is now rotated into portrait mode (so everything's sideways) and the secondary monitor is disabled.

I have to go in and fix it manually, every time. Annoying! This is with the latest set of updates (as per system update)

Anyone else see this, and what's the deal? This is a huge annoyance and a pretty severe bug.

P.S. this has happened with 2 installs of Lion. The factory-installed one I played around with, and the subsequent "clean install" I put on after downloading Lion again from Apple (and installed via USB thumbdrive)

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I am running Lion on my Mac Pro with three monitors and haven't experienced this. One monitor is landscape and two are portrait.

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Well good on Apple, the Mac Mini EFI v1.3 firmware update seems to have resolved this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.