Glas.t and LifeProof

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cbmstocks, Feb 20, 2012.

1. cbmstocks macrumors member

well i am already pretty tired of the screen protector on the lifeproof. it feels like my old palm treo when
    i type. but after breaking two otterboxes, i am determined to try something different. one of the big
    draws of this case is obviously the protection from water. so i can't justtify cutting the screen protector
    out like i did with the otterboxes. would adding the glas.t protector make the phone too thick for the lifeproof?
    would the glass and plastic reduce the screen sensitivity too much?

2. henrylkr macrumors member

What's the point of putting Glas.t on the iPhone if the case's screen protector will be layering over it?

3. cbmstocks thread starter macrumors member

it feels like a resistive touchscreen because of the give in the plastic of the lifeproof. i'm wondering if i can fill the void with a glas.t and still use the lifeproof.

4. Pathfinder3 macrumors member

Did you recently put your device into the Lifeproof case? That void between the screen and case goes away after a few days.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

You cannot use the glas t with the LifeProof. It won't fit.

7. gjb11 macrumors regular

I've had a lifeproof on for a week hoping the gap would go away. It has not. I am very disappointed. The tradeoff for a case like this and the horrible air gap is just not worth it to me.

8. cbmstocks thread starter macrumors member

i've had it on for a week

thanks. now i have to decide whether or not i wanna cut the protector out.

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Are you kidding? :rolleyes:

10. cbmstocks thread starter macrumors member

nope.

11. gjb11 macrumors regular

Might as well get an Otterbox and cut the protector out bc cutting the lifeproof defeats its purpose.

12. cbmstocks thread starter macrumors member

like i said before i've cracked two otterboxes and that's why i bought this. plus the lifeproof looks more professional than big bulky otterboxes. i just wanted to see whether or not the glas.t and lp would play nice together. it defeats the purpose of having a modern touchscreen if you still have to press through a layer of material. i don't know if i can cut up an $80 case, but if i get frustrated enough i'll do just that.

13. SchuettS macrumors 6502

Honestly, after owning the lifeproof for one month I can barely tell that there is a screen protector over the screen. Maybe Im just use to it, but the void isnt noticeable at all...

14. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Same here, though I'm talking about version 2, with Version 2, the screen protector was not noticable almost immediately.