Glas.Tr + Bumper skin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ilikecoupons, Jan 11, 2013.

1. ilikecoupons macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've decided that I want to get a Spigen Glas.Tr and perhaps forgo buying a case.

Because the Glas.Tr is tempered glass, it should be durable enough for my lifestyle, as I usually leave my iPhone in my pocket without anything else in it.

However, i'm concerned about the bumpers on the sides of the phone. If I do not cover them, i believe they could get scratches or have paint chip off of them due to wear.

Does anyone have any good suggestions about what I should do with this? Is there anywhere offerings bumper skins that I can just apply to the iPhone, or do I have to buy a physical bumper? (I don't want to buy a physical bumper because it adds bulk)

TL: DR -> I got a Spigen Glas.Tr. I want a bumper to prevent scratches. Is there anywhere selling bumper skins, or do i have to buy an actual bumper?

2. SYale macrumors member

If you're talking about sidewrap skins, then yeah, there are a lot of options. I personally have been good with Sticker_Boy (really no space), however, there are other recommendations with Bodyguardz and Zagg, etc. floating around the forum with pictures. The only problems with these though is that they won't protect the chamfered edges, and not sure if any skin/sticker is available for that.

If you are willing to wait...I HIGHLY recommend the Caze Thin Edge bumper. I JUST received mine after waiting around 2.5 weeks shipping. They possibly might be quicker, since I ordered during the holidays, however it's usually because of shipping from Hong Kong and also customs in the US. Crazy wait, but worth it. Here's the link to the thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1504567

Good luck in your search!

3. ilikecoupons thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think that the Glas.Tr is worth the extra money over the Glas.T?