Glas.tr Nano Slim vs Bodyguardz Pure

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ibtechsavvy, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Ibtechsavvy macrumors member

I bought the pure and although I liked it, I found it too thick and unpleasant to hold. It didn't work with most of my cases, not because it bubble up or anything, but because of the thickness. Like didn't like using my favourite case (spigen ultra thin air) because of it. I got a replacement iPhone and had to take it off, which I don't mind be has of the lifetime warranty.

So I got the nano slim and at first I loved it! It looked just as nice as the pure, and had rounded edges, so i didn't need to use the home button stickers that came with it. Now, I'd read about how the oleophobic eventually would wear off, but I thought it'd be gradual and I wouldn't notice. There is no oleophobic coating at all, it's almost worse than a bare screen and way word than the pure. It's a trade off I'm willing to make however, it's thin and works with almost all my case (aside from my diztronic matte case).

2. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Hey I have the same one also!

I think there is some "tiny" coating, but its definitely not good. I could see my fingerprints clearly.

I tried using my friend's iphone with the Pure and it has a very good coating. I could barely see my fingerprints.

I guess that's the tradeoff with Pure vs Slim.

On the one hand you get a good coating to minimum fingerprints but has such a thick glass that you feel really weird putting you thumb in :)

On the other hand, you have a nice slim glass that feels almost natural, but smears the screen with fingerprints that makes you constantly wipe it off if you're OCD like me :)

I have a question for you though.

It's really weird, but on my slim.tr, there seems to be very tiny little "divets" or dots on the screen. I cant feel it running my fingers over it, and it's definitely not from any dust or particles trapped underneath the screen.

It seems to be from the inner layer of the glass, which somehow developed over time because it wasn't there when I first installed it, and I inspected it like crazy after installation :)

Do you have this issue?

3. solo118 macrumors 65816