Glasklart HD is out

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I'm loving this thing! It's perfectly what I want the "slide to unlock" look like!

We will need more icons though since this package only comes with the bare minimum according to the author.

Claude626

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Quick tutorial on where to SSH it to?
Use WinSCP to SSH into the phone. Go up the folder tree to the very root. Go down "Library". Then "Themes". Put the extracted Glasklart HD folder into this Themes folder.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I assume you have to have winterboard running? I thought winterboard is makes io4 unstable?

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Looks great (aside the 3rd party stock icons sticking out)

I assume once I comes out on Cydia I can just download it and it'll rewrite over the one I SSH'd?
I assume you have to have winterboard running? I thought winterboard is makes io4 unstable?
Results just seem to vary for people. There isn't a problem with mines.

choice

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Looks great (aside the 3rd party stock icons sticking out)
+1 do we just have to wait for updates for the 3rd party icons to be transparent too? it looks kinda lame that half of my icons are transparent and the other are in full color. :(

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
+1 do we just have to wait for updates for the 3rd party icons to be transparent too? it looks kinda lame that half of my icons are transparent and the other are in full color. :(
Looks like it:
http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805129
Max Rudberg said:
At this time, Glasklart HD includes just the bare minimum of icons. There is a problem with Glasklart HD icons for third party apps from the App Store. For more information, you can read my forum post: http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805117

I'm waiting for a solution for third party app icons to present itself.

silroc

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
ok i am losing my mind

i dont have a themes folder under stash...

is this because i did not install winterboard?

Ash9414

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2010
United Kingdom
Will Glasklart HD work on an iPhone 3G as the developer said the HD version was better compatible with iOS4 so I would like the new version instead of the old if it's possible?

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Will Glasklart HD work on an iPhone 3G as the developer said the HD version was better compatible with iOS4 so I would like the new version instead of the old if it's possible?
wouldn't look right....Glasklart HD is retina optimised!

Ash9414

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2010
United Kingdom
wouldn't look right....Glasklart HD is retina optimised!
By wouldn't look right, what do you mean exactly? For example, I've downloaded Retina Wallpapers onto my iPhone to use as my lock screen wallpaper and they don't look blurry even though the pixels have been halved. So surely the app icons etc would do the same?

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
It's about resolution. There simply wouldn't be enough pixels on a 3G/S to accomodate the icons. The iPad does have the screen real estate (it has a higher screen res than the ip4)

Retina only refers to the dpi of the ip4 screen

Ash9414

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2010
United Kingdom
It's about resolution. There simply wouldn't be enough pixels on a 3G/S to accomodate the icons. The iPad does have the screen real estate (it has a higher screen res than the ip4)

Retina only refers to the dpi of the ip4 screen
I understand this, but surely it wouldn't matter because the iPhone would automatically resize the icons so they would take up half the amount of pixels?

I AN LEGEND

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Anyone know where to get/how to make any other icons? I'm looking for Facebook, Winterboard, etc icons and this theme is too good to pass up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.