Glasklart icons gone after update

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The.316, Aug 17, 2010.

1. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

I noticed that I had a few upgrades available in Cydia, so I updated them. After I restarted the phone, my icons are no longer showing. The only thing that is showing now is the custom folders I made. I tried turning the theme on and off via winterboard, placing it on the top in winterboard, but nothing seems to be working. Anyone can help me out please? BTW, its the Glasklart icon theme, not the HD.

2. Aesop macrumors member

Had the same thing happen to me, I lost most of the clear-ish icons and the theme name in winterboard changed to glaskart core instead of glasklart icons.

3. venturergaz macrumors newbie

Just respring guys, the icons should change, however in my case the forum based ones went black which i didnt like, so ive got the first screen glasklart second classica 3. Hopefully i can get all my icons updated when i get round to it.

4. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

I was on Glasklart classica, after today's update i had to re-enable the icons from winterboard but the icons went totally weird(they were slanted and some where awfully bigger than others). Temporarily disabled on winterboard, and waiting for an update to fix this.

5. Aesop macrumors member

Respring does nothing. Removal and reinstalling does nothing.

Oh well, I've been using G.O.C. Pro.

6. minii macrumors newbie

7. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Ah! Didn't think of clearing the icon cache... How do you do that again?!

8. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

If you visit the macthemes forum for glaskart hd, it has the fix for the black forum icons. It is a pretty simple fix just renaming a file via ssh.

9. adamsweeting macrumors regular

What file needs to be renamed?
    And how do you clear the icon cache?

.... and before everyone says "go find out for yourself" - I have tried to, but MacThemes is b0rked

10. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

My memory is ****, so I would just wait until Macthemes is back up.

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I had same errors.

I just grabbed an old download of Glasklart and went back to previous version. All is looking as it should now.

Glasklart 4.0 package

12. adamsweeting macrumors regular

How does it look on the Retina?

13. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I uninstalled 4.0 yesterday just looked too pixilated on the retina display.

14. minii macrumors newbie

The latest version is working fine for me (Glasklart HD 1.1, I SSH'd mine in and have had no black icon problem) though I had to change a few icon names that had been set wrong. As for clearing the Icon Cache - I'll post it when I get home.

EDIT: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=10851891&postcount=982 pic of said theme all okay.

15. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Yeah - yours looks good. I think I'll SSH this one over once I can download the zip from MacThemes. The black icons are driving me mad.

16. mrathee macrumors 6502

Is this a fix that can be added to the main package in cydia?

in other words, do you think they will release a new package with all the fixes?

17. TriHFH macrumors member

Glasklart HD 1.1 renamed the title of the theme in Winterboard to Glasklart HD Core and Glasklart HD Forum Icons.

Make sure that you check and uncheck each of these in Winterboard, and then respring. Respringing without checking and unchecking the packages in Winteboard will not clear the icon cache.

18. choice macrumors regular

I was able to still use my original icon bundles and it was under Glasklart HD. I deselected Glasklart HD Forum Icons (actually deleted it) and activated Glasklart HD.