Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Did you not read my post? The 3GS has the same RATTLE. It's the CAMERA. The one on the BACK, not the front. :rolleyes:

Dear god does anyone pay attention anymore?

You’ve been around long enough to know many posters just read the title and zing out a post. :D

I'm tempted to take a youtube vid of this. It's loud. I do it on my 3GS and it doesn't sound like this.

It’s possible yours is looser than normal. Just get a replacement.

keeganxt

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Sim tray and camera depedinon where you tap on the back. Take the sim tray out to see if that one stops and isolate the camera. I had the same rattle on my 3GS. No biggie.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
You’ve been around long enough to know many posters just read the title and zing out a post. :D

It’s possible yours is looser than normal. Just get a replacement.

Yeah I know. Not sure why I am sucked in by them. Lol. Seems the "rattle" and the "my sim won't eject" are becoming the new problems. :rolleyes:

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
peoples 3GS's rattle? mine doesnt.....

OP, get a replacement (if you are lucky).

geneticfusion

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2010
Ha, I camped out in Cleveland as well. I'm currently on hold with AT&T because they are telling me theres no parked information in the account, but the phone is activated even though Apple nor me activated the phone through iTunes or went on the computer at all. The phone is still sealed, I'm not opening it until I get this straightened out.

bahooki

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Take it back. If they don't like your reason you can always use the signal dying excuse, which is affecting everyone. As for the guy calling you a troll, leave. We don't need your type here.

myphone

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
USA
Can anyone just try it out on their phone and let me know? I hardly have to tap the left edge and there's a loud rattling sound. Normal?

Now everybody's going to shake their new iPhone 4 to test the noise:)

Mine is rock solid.

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
mine rattles by the camera too i thought it was the simtray at first.. plus my phone slid on my apple keyboard and scratched it by the home button. im thinking of taking this phone back.. too many strikes on it already.

What are either of you going to take your phone back for? "Apple genius, my phone makes a noise when I tap it" lololololololololololol....."hey anonymous other iPhone genius, this guy wants to return his phone for a noise it makes when he taps it..... what you think, should we exchange it for him?" "Security!!"

Really, it makes a noise when you tap it hmmmmmm. The Spaz, is that you?

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Tapping on the spot in the pic in the first post, yes, I hear a rattle. It's not alarming to me. It's not that loud and is likely some component that's not welded/glued solidly because it's not supposed to be. I'm not too concerned about it.

*Reading the whole thread is good. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.