Glass back protectors without cutouts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dascoyne, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

Do these exist? Do they make ones that actually cover the camera lens/sensor/flash? The reason I'm interested for one is purely cosmetic.

My idea is to use a vinyl sticker on the back then apply the glass protector over it. I think it could look great ... as if the sticker design was a part of the phone.

I've searched around but so far no luck. The glass back protectors usually have huge cutaways over the camera or around the apple logo (ughhh)..

I can imagine that covering the flash with glass can produce internal reflections on the camera, but has this been established? If I had a spare swatch of GlasT or other material I'd do an experiment.

The alternative is if I can find one that has very small cutouts. But I might ditch the whole idea entirely if it's not possible to cover the camera.

Does anybody know of a glass back protector without cutouts?

Thanks.

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

not sure if srs.

That thing would slip out of your hands!

3. Dascoyne thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm serious.

I don't think it's going to be that slippery.

FWIW I'd use a bumper with it so the back won't get all scratched up from normal use. The bumper would provide some grip.

4. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

5. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

And how would a glass back for iPhone 5 be any different than an iPhone 4?

6. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

It wouldn't be any different. The iPhone 4/4S is slippery, especially when the phone is cold, which makes the glass so smoooooth.