Glass "Bubbling" Around Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spliff, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Spliff macrumors regular

Not sure if anyone has had this problem or not, but my almost two week old iPhone has developed two bubbles right by the home button. One is right on the edge of the home button and another is right below it. It looks like a the bubbling that would occur if you were putting tint on a window, and was never there before. Really small but still drives me nuts!

Has anyone else experienced this? Also, would this be under warranty? If so, would I have to send this in or how I would go about getting this resolved?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Pics, if you got 'em...:eek:

Then take it back for a replacement.

3. atluten macrumors 6502

Have it replaced, it's a defect that will be covered under warranty. Make an appointment with a genius at the Apple Store or call AppleCare to arrange for the replacement. Cheers.

4. Spliff thread starter macrumors regular

I wish my camera could take macro shots :p

If I bought it through a phone company (I live in Canada so at Fido), can I take it to the Apple Store?

5. atluten macrumors 6502

Absolutely.

6. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Seeing as they don't have any at the Apple Sores in Canada I don't know what you'd get there. I'd give them a call. According to the guy at Rogers he said all warranty is through them.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Call AppleCare Support and they'll send you a box to ship to them at no cost to you, except you'll be without your iPhone.:(

8. Spliff thread starter macrumors regular

? :confused:

There's one in Vancouver and I think a couple in TO? Not sure what you're talking about?

9. Spliff thread starter macrumors regular

Ya that's something I'd want to avoid, I would hate to be without my phone for 3-4 weeks

10. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Rather than listen to the Americans on this forum that don't really know the situation up here in Canada, call the Apple store and ask them, or call Fido and ask them.

11. Spliff thread starter macrumors regular

I just went onto Fido's website, they have a 15 day no hassle exchange policy on defective models. Looks like I'll be heading to Fido tonight :)

Thanks all