Glass cleaner in macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Steelo, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Steelo macrumors newbie

I am using my family computer to type this. Recently I cleaned my Macbook as I am normally prone to do, this time I used the glass plus that I happened to have on hand. I think I may have used too much and it seeped in between the keys of my laptop. Now the 3, e, d, and c buttons don't work. I'm sure this isn't a software problem because other than the fact that the rest of the keys work the keys that do not work all happen to occur in the same vertical/diagonal row on the keyboard. Any help would be appreciated, this happened tomorrow so I'm hoping that it will dry up and no longer be a problem, but I'm prepared for the worst. I would rather not pay 125+ to completely replace the keyboard. Should I pop out the keys and clean the internal areas surrounding them or what else? Thanks in advance.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't think this is even possible without major deconstruction. How good are you with tools?

3. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

I'm assuming you meant yesterday;)
    I'm also assuming you have an aluminum macbook
    Well if the keys already stopped working then cleaning it out is probably not going to reverse the damage just hope it dries out

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

And next time, spray the cloth, not the keyboard!

5. Steelo thread starter macrumors newbie

lol yeah. I guess i'll just wait then.

6. Steelo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I wasn't thinking when it happened.