Glass display falling off... Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nickf741, May 2, 2010.

1. nickf741 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a refurb. MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (2009 model) and the glass display appears to be 'falling off.' A space can be seen between the glass and the rubber strip near the camera at the top of the display. This computer has spent most of the time I've had it on my desk. I take good care of this expensive baby, and I can ensure I caused no damage to it. I got it in January.

The nearest Apple store for me is 80 miles away. I can't be without the computer for much time at all, but I want this fixed. It's unlikely Apple will be eager to send me an entire new computer (I always have everything backed up), but that's what I want to do. I've read somewhere that Apple will email a shipping label and send out a replacement as soon as the package is shipped.

Maybe I can psychologically manipulate them? Does anyone have any ideas on convincing them? :cool:

I'm sorry if this is a terribly stupid question, but I don't know what to do. I hope Apple doesn't have me send it in and just shoot some adhesive under the glass and tell me it's good. I guess replacing the lid would be sufficient too. I just need this computer for work and I simply can't go without it.

Thanks a lot,

Nick

2. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

3. davidlv macrumors 65816

Call Apple Care and tell them you need it fixed but cannot be without a computer 'cause you use it for your work.
    They should tell you what option is best. Otherwise you can resort to using a certified Apple repair center if there is one closer.
    BTW, anyone who uses their Apple computer for work and cannot afford downtime should have a backup machine - anything that runs your primary software. I use a MacBook Pro daily for work, and have all of my data backed up daily to an old G5 so if the MacBook gets a "cold" :eek:or something I will have no work downtime. Something to consider if your livelihood depends on your computer environment.