Glass on MBP trackpad cracked

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cloakedpegasus, Jan 18, 2011.

1. cloakedpegasus macrumors member

Hey guys, so I was clicking on my trackpad and the glass on top of it cracked. What happened was that I was wondering why the top left corner wouldnt click so I pushed a little harder with my finger and then it cracked. Should have taken pictures to show the community. Well I took it into the Apple store and they took care of me. They are going to replace it for free and it should be repaired within 24-48 hours. I looked at the itemized cost which would normally cost about 60-90 dollars depending on whether they charge you for labor or not. Nice apple. Nice. I totally went into the store expecting to have to pay out of pocket for this incident but apple rocks!

2. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

3. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

wow, apple in greece charges 70 euros just to check for a problem on your macbook. you're lucky. By the way, was it on warranty?

4. croooow macrumors 65816

croooow

Anyone who owns an Apple product with glass on it. Don't do this...:eek:

It was cool of Apple to cover you on this.:D

5. vbman213 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Apple knows how to keep customers. Plain and simple...

6. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Thats great that they took good care of you! Apple has never let me down when it comes to customer service.

7. cloakedpegasus thread starter macrumors member

it was on warranty but i dont think it mattered because i dont think they would consider that a defect. however what "I" do consider a defect (design) is the fact that the trackpad doesnt have a 100 percent "click" coverage area., it's more like 85.