Glass popping out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ipadboi, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Ipadboi macrumors newbie

So I was cleaning my iPad today and took it out if it's case. It's like a jelly skin so it wraps around the thing. Anyway as I was cleaning it I noticed that when I was wiping the glass there was a squeaking noise coming from the top part of the pad so I pressed a little harder and then heard a click as if the glass came out when taking out of the skin and then popping back in. Is this normal or should I be taking it back in to apple for them to look at?

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

"is this normal"
    of course it's not normal. Take it to apple.

I was wondering if this would happen the glass seems almost press fit into the aluminum.

3. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

Take it to Apple. For sure. It's best if you can replicate the noise.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

A friend experienced the same thing with his iPad. We took it into the Apple store where they cheerfully replaced it.

Between the excellent experiences I've had at several Apple stores, as well as with AppleCare, it makes up for the Apple Tax charged on some of Apples products.

5. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Well that's why it exists... The "Apple tax" is for service, quality, and support. Something that most PC manufacturers don't believe in. But something that I'm more than happy to pay a premium for with Apple.