Glass screen not reflective as old glossy.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shoulin333, Oct 15, 2008.

1. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

Well i have been using my new MBP now for about 3 hours.

I have to tell you that the glass, you cant see reflections in the glass even at 1/2 brightness.

I have had both a black mac book and a MBA this glass screen is way better than the polarized glossy coating on a traditional glossy lcd.

Please no "glossy sucks" talk, this simply isnt "glossy"

Anyone that is simply not buying the new MBP because of the no matte option, i dare you, go into the apple store and check it out.

2. johnsy macrumors 6502

Have to see this for myself. But this sounds promising ...:)

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

...but Glossy TFT panels don't have any coatings on them.

4. Aranince macrumors 65816

I have to agree...the glare on the old MBP in the Apple Store seemed more noticeable than the new glass MBP. Then again, they were on separate sides of the table so this isn't entirely scientific.

5. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Gotta say the same thing. You really don't notice it. If anyone is fearing it's like normal PC laptops, or the old MB glossy, it isn't. It is a much smoother and less in-your-face glossy than that.

6. johnsy macrumors 6502

What he probably meant is plastic sheet in front of actual lcd? I should admit that I saw glossy macbook pro screen very briefly and even that short time made me to dislike it. I had gateway laptop with glossy screen and can confirm that it had plastic sheet in front of actual lcd. However macbook screen (old one) seems not that bad.

7. johnsy macrumors 6502

I think macbooks (old one) screen is better because of lower resolution?

8. shoulin333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

English?:confused:

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That's good news. I know the iPhone's screen isn't really bad about glare, but I still like it a bazillon times better with an anti-glare cover.

I'm gonna have to make a trip to The Apple Store this weekend just to check all of this stuff out. I'd almost love to get my dad a MacBook to replace his iMac G5, but then I'd also have to get a monitor, video adapter, etc. etc.

10. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

meh, its still glossy either way but not as bad as the macbook id say