Glass screen protector over SlickWraps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Appletvgk, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Appletvgk macrumors member

I'm considering ordering SlickWraps bc I want to change the color of the front of my 6+ from white to black or carbon fiber. Has anyone installed a glass screen protector over the wrap successfully?

Thanks

2. Carny13 macrumors newbie

^in for results. I want to change the front on mine from white to black as well.

3. Appletvgk thread starter macrumors member

Just tried it and although the skins are thin, they are thick enough to not allow this to work. I had an oil slick in the middle of the screen. I might just buy a Zagg HDX and cut it to fit inside the skin.

4. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Hello,

For best results apply Slickwraps over your glass screen protector.

If you ever need anything i'm here to help!

Weston
    Slickwraps

5. Appletvgk thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for replying! I use a zagg glass that doesn't cover the glass in some areas, will the wrap form around its edges?

6. Appletvgk, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015

Appletvgk thread starter macrumors member

Don't know what happened to Slickwrapsinc, but I decided to try it. I washed the adhesive side of my Zagg Privacy glass w soap and water (Bc it got dirty after I removed it last week). I then removed my SlickWraps front wrap very carefully. I applied the Zagg and then the SlickWraps and it actually worked out well. I was able to work the wrap into the areas where the Zagg glass has its cutouts. Just not sure if I'll be able to use my clear TPU case without it lifting the edges of the wrap, but I'll try tomorrow after the wrap bonds fully.

Edit: I failed to mention that I used a heat gun to form the Carbon Fiber wrap around the Zagg Glass

Attached Files:

7. Appletvgk thread starter macrumors member

Well, a corner started to peel. I contacted slickwraps for a replacement and it took over a week for them to tell me to email them a pic of it. Emailed a pic last week and no response. FYI- Their customer service is awful.

8. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

We're here!! :)

PM me your order # and I'll get you taken care of.

Thanks!
    Weston
    Slickwraps

9. adock macrumors newbie

10. Appletvgk thread starter macrumors member