Glass Screen Protectors in the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bigpika, Oct 20, 2014.

1. bigpika macrumors member

can anyone point me in the direction for one thats available in the uk and has a decent fitment. i know it won't be perfect fit. thanks

2. madmorph macrumors member

madmorph

im using one of these at the moment ....it only covers the actual "dark part" of the screen like all the other ones its not a full on edge to edge...fits well round the button and has cutouts for the light sensor and camera....i tried a few cheapies off eblag and they were poor so tried this and so far im happy with it....i do have a full edge nilkin one ordered from china but that might take a while for the lil guy to row here ....

http://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/apple-iphone-6-tempered-glass-screen-protector/

3. paulmacbeth macrumors member

Madmorph,

Do you have any pictures of your installed protector? I'm also looking at the nillkin or a zagg / spigen.

Thanks.

4. westyxxx macrumors newbie

5. drkash macrumors regular

I've installed the Tech Armor Ballistic Glass on my 6 plus... Pics on http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1802756

It covers the viewable screen area fully. Feels very smooth like the original screen and clarity is amazing. Overall happy with it, but this is my first glass protector so nothing to compare with.

Available from Amazon UK £9.95

6. paulmacbeth macrumors member

Westyxxx,

I've had the Orzly one on since Wednesday. I've got 2 cracks already, one on the left hand side edge and one on the bottom edge. It seems to be a weakness at the edge where it doesn't adhere properly to the curvature of the screen. Apart from the cracks, I liked it. Feels good, but seems to be too flimsy.

7. paulmacbeth macrumors member

I ordered the ultimate shield one from Amazon, arrived today, very quick delivery. So far it feels good, need to fit it precisely as its just wide enough to cover the screen. I'll see how it holds up over the next few days, hoping it isn't as prone to cracks as the Orzly was.

8. bigpika thread starter macrumors member

could you posts pictures when fitted, if you can. thanks

9. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

....looks nice apart from the 'U' shaped cut out around the earpiece - why do manufacturers feel the need to cut it out like this?! Surely, it would look 100 times better AND neater if they just cut a slot for the earpiece instead?!