Glass Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacAttackkk, Sep 4, 2013.

1. MacAttackkk macrumors newbie

What are the benefits of glass screen protectors? I know that they make the screen feel more like the original glass screen, but are they that much more durable? Do they offer much more protection? Also, does anyone have recommendations on the best ones?
    Thanks!

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

They are more durable, and they offer more protection. You almost never get scratches. And if you drop your phone, you have a better chance of the protector breaking than the phone's glass.

I recommend MIME for glass screen protectors. But all the ones on the market with comparable features (slimness, rounded edges, etc.) are more or less the same.

3. DariusX macrumors regular

The biggest reason that I use glass protector is because of the oleophobic coating on them. You cant get that with any plastic protector unless you go with those "antiglare" ones which degrade the quality of the display.

4. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

A few months ago I switched to a glass screen protector and I'm hooked. I have always used speck cases for all my iPhones. Now I just absolutely love a bumper, a glass screen protector, and a matte back protector.
    The glass protector I went with is the BodyGuardz Pure. Their $13 replacement policy is one of the main reasons. I don't even think about scratching my phone now. Btw after a few months of use (and not being careful at all) there isn't a scratch on the Pure!

5. nilzi macrumors regular

The protector can offer the better protection, but it may affect the sensitive of the touch screen, so you need to buy one at the normal store.

6. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

There is no difference in touchscreen sensitivity at all on mine.

7. nilzi macrumors regular

You can't stand for everyone.

8. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I always previous just used the standard screen protectors which I used to swap out whenever they got scratched however since putting on my SGP Glass TR screen shield (well over 3 months ago) - its been the best screen shield ever...!!

I know my iPhone screen is protected and the surface of the glass TR shield feels like the iPhone's natural screen anyway - no loss of sensitivity at all and hasn't sustained a single scratch (I always keep my phone in its own pocket with nothing else whenever I am out and about).

I also have a jellybean home button (these normally come with the SGP GLass TR anyway) as the glass raises the surface a little and creates a little crevice on the home button if you don't use one.

Personally - I like the feel of the home button this way anyway :)

9. ALMF macrumors regular

10. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

This is an great find. It's probably the cheapest one I've seen that is 0.4mm thin with rounded edges.

11. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I'm finding this out the hard way :-( my anti glare film was scratched up so I installed a spare glossy plastic screen protector. Massive amount of fingerprints now. I have to wipe the screen down with a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol at the end of every day to keep it clear.

12. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I've never heard of a glass screen protector affecting sensitivity.

13. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't recommend getting the Techpro. It's cheap for a reason. These and those cheap ones on ebay are the same which are only around $8 on ebay. These are cheap chinese glass that are scratched very easily. Anyone thinking of getting these should do yourselves a favor and paid some more money for a brand name ones.

14. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I have a Clarivue XT Glass on my iPhone 5 that i paid $20 for, and it serves me just fine, i personally see no reason to buy something double the price if this one works just as well.

15. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I agree on cheap Chinese glass part, but the TechPro actually has good reviews.