Glass trackpad 11" air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by duk, Dec 21, 2010.

1. duk macrumors regular

I have an late 08 unibody Mbp and a 11 mba, I have noticed the glass trackpad on the air is much closer to the glass on an iphone in the way your finger reacts to it... the least bit of moisture and your finger doesn't glide as easily. On the pro it seems to have more of a coating to allow for smoother use under these normal conditions (humidity). Has anyone else noticed this? bottom line the air trackpad almost seems more polished.

2. acron1 macrumors regular

acron1

I sold my 13.3" MBP a few months ago, however I haven't noticed a difference between the two...

3. Nikkoski macrumors newbie

I am experiencing the same sticky trackpad

Hey, i'm also experiencing the same issue here.

I often wonder why nobody has noticed it. I tried googling it and I'm lucky i got to this page.

I guess nobody noticed it because majority of the people who bought the 11MBA are first time Mac users.

I had an MBP before, which i sold to get this 11 inch Air. And i realized that it's trackpad is not as smooth as the MBP. Just a slight moisture on your finger tip and I'll assure you that your experience with the trackpad will not be as smooth (pun intended).

I hate this so much. I plan to upgrade to a 13 inch MBA, and I'm afraid that i'll get the same sticky trackpad. The glass coating maybe is thin for the MBA.

4. cathyy macrumors 6502a

I have a 2010 11" MBA and it's exactly the same as the Unibody MBP trackpads. I've played with many 2011 11" MBAs too and they definitely have the same smoothness.

Maybe find an Apple store around your place and play around with their 11" MBA, and if you feel that yours is still not smooth enough then bring it in for someone to take a look at it. :)

5. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

I have just been sliding my fingers around on both my MBA and my magic trackpad, I can discern no difference. And when I had an MBP I'm fairly sure that the trackpad on that was the same as the magic trackpad. So no, I don't think there is any difference. Have you compared the two at the same time OP?

6. thuglove macrumors member

Yup, was lying in bed the other day and had a bit of sweat on my fingers and could not get the three finger swipe to work for the life of me.

7. VMMan macrumors 6502a

Mine feels similarly to my MBP, but the MBA glass trackpad developed a weird dark horizontal line near the bottom edge that looks like dirt, but can't be wiped off...

I thought it was glass and should not get stained?