glass trackpad gestures and fingers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zalves, Mar 22, 2009.

1. zalves macrumors member

I enjoy pretty much the available gestures, I'm aware that more customizable gestures could be available like the wanted 4 finger swipe for the dashboard.

The different gestures available within the applications is also a great addition.

The big flaw in my experience is its bad finger tracking, delayed or faulty response that when I use 2 fingers to zoom in and out it just works jumpy. The 2 fingers gestures in preview are also like that.

It sometimes also confuses if I'm 2 or 3 fingers, for instance using scroll in my e-mail box.

I'm pretty skillful with the trackpad, I'm really not using it badly.

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

2. golfhero macrumors member

Yep... In general I love the new trackpad - smooth feel, larger size, 4 fingers for Expose, etc. But one thing that NEVER works smoothly for me is using the pinch gestures to change font sizes on websites. I'm using Safari 4 right now for example and if I try to pinch out to make fonts larger it runs through three or for sizes before I can get it to stop - same thing when making fonts smaller... Wish they would implement one size up or down per gesture...