Glass Trackpad Problems. (Too sensitive, lack of resistance.)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EnCroix, Feb 6, 2010.

1. EnCroix macrumors newbie

I've had my Macbook Pro since mid 2009. It's been great, never had any real problems.

Then in about October, I noticed one side of my trackpad wasn't offering as much resistance as it was before. I just ignored it, didn't mind too much. But it progressively got worse, and eventually got so sensitive that I couldn't even scroll without it clicking when I didn't want it too.

I was pretty upset, called apple, they told me to send it in and fixed it for free. It was all very nice, orderly, and quick. So I was satisfied.

But, lo and behold, it's at it again. I can't believe it. It hasn't gotten so sensitive that I can't use it yet, but I'm very upset right now. I have no idea why it's doing this. It's not really overheating, I have never dropped or hit my macbook. I'm the only one who uses it. I don't abuse it at all.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

I'm having apple call me tomorrow...but I want to know why in God's name this is continuing, and what should I do?

2. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

have them fix it again, but this time when you get it back, turn on tap to click so it does not wear out.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

yup. that's what i do. the only time i click is to drag.

4. EnCroix thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't stand tap to click, and I'm not doing anything particularly rough with it. It should NOT wear out after 4 months of light use. That's ridiculous.