Glass Trackpad Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bodie, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Bodie macrumors member

When clicking on a link I mostly use the tap method instead of pushing down on the lower left hand corner for a physical click. It works well and I like this feature a lot. But sometimes I tap with no results and have to tap again to open a link. I was wondering if there was any software that could add audible feedback when a single tap was recognized? Like playing a click sound. :D

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

You could use the visual feedback already on your screen...

3. visim91 macrumors 6502

There's nothing magical about that.

4. Bodie thread starter macrumors member

I know the buttons show usually show that. What about links?

5. randomrazr macrumors 65816

ur trackpad s fine

6. aCondor macrumors 6502

I am so confused here: What exactly are you looking for? A chime or something when you click a link? To let you know that you clicked it?

7. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

No, you're not thinking about it deep enough. Links change colors once they've been clicked on, typically. Also, if the click was successful, something will happen, such as moving to the page or bringing up a menu. In fact, if you click on something you're trying to click on for a response, there will always be some sort of visual feedback. If nothing changes when you click on it, why are you clicking on it? See what I mean?

8. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Sometimes taps don't work. The feedback would help to quickly determine whether one should tap again, or whether one is clicking on something that doesn't trigger any action, e.g. a dead link.