Glass vs. film screen protector

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by WingNut33, Apr 17, 2017.

1. WingNut33 macrumors newbie

WingNut33

I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a 42mm Nike+ very soon.

One of the things I keep thinking about is a screen protector. I've read a lot of posts and comments with people saying they've never put a screen protector on other watches, so why bother with on the Apple Watch?

I'm a firm believer of the tempered glass screen protector on my phones, and they've saved a couple screens in the past by absorbing the impact. I just don't know if there's a good tempered glass product out there for the Watch. Or is something like the ArmorSuit, Skinomi TechSkinor IQShield liquid shield good for what I'll need? I know some of the film protectors will cover the rounded edges, and that seems like it would be important.

I appreciate all the help you can give.

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I have the Stainless Watch and have no need for a protector. But, I have heard excellent reviews on Armorsuit Military Shield for the Watch with durability and it lasts for a long time. I would guess it's one of the top screen protectors for the Apple Watch currently.

https://www.amazon.com/ArmorSuit-MilitaryShield-Protector-Anti-Bubble-Replacements/dp/B00UH3L82Y