Glasses Vs iPod Touch screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Merkuryy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Merkuryy macrumors regular

Merkuryy

I used to wear glasses since eighth grade, So I totally know how to clean or maintain the glasses clean. I always have glasses with "hard resin lens", It's very hard and the view is sharp even with dust and oil trace on it.

I'm gonna get a 8G iPod Touch the day after tomorrow (My mother got it in Tokyo,Japan). And I hesitate whether to get an "iPounch" from Moshi, or an Invisible Shield, Because according to some disassemble photos of the Touch, Some people said the screen is made of plastic.

I've seen the "Scratch Test on an iPod Touch", But I also got an iSkin Revo3, which has a VISOR plastic protection for the 5G iPod with Video, and this product don't please me------ It got serious scratch after all.

So my question, is the Touch screen really made by glass or plastic? If it's plastic, I will definitely buy a Invisible Shield(My father and me are expert to avoid bubble on the screen).If it's glass, is it the same material as my glasses ?

2. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

You better watch out it isn't a fake:D Naah just kidding!!

I don't think you will need a case or protective shield for it, the screen is VERY durable.

3. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Thanks for the tip.Sure,it's not fake, I have experience buying things in Japan:)

4. Jakintosh™ macrumors member

hey what i did to save myself money was take some packaging tape, the thin clear tape, and put that over the back shiny surface. ive had it like this since sept 17, and not a single scratch on front or back. and you can even take the back tape off every month or so and put a fresh one on to keep it looking new and shiny. and yes the screen is very durable glass.

5. trance728 macrumors member

get a shield for the front, everyone keeps saying its durable enough because of the key test, but my touch is proof that they arent all that durable, i have like 9 mini scratches on the screen that im assuming are from sand in my pocket

6. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Here is where came the scratch on my VISOR, Hmmmm, a shield seem to be better than an iPouch

7. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, I will think about it

8. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Horrible idea. That tape is meant to be a permanent adhesive. If you ever think about trying to remove it you're in for a night of work, and probable permanent residue.

Pony up the $8.00 for a BestSkinsEver iPod Touch Protector.

9. LeaverX macrumors member

My back is an iceskating rink, my front is crispy new. You just need to get something to protect the back