Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trance

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

For glasses users do is glare,Light refection an issue?

I'm getting a MacBook pro for work curious if the glare or refection is annoying enough to switch to contacts.

skyton

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2005
england
I find the glare is all down to the screen and the lighting/location
Glasses or no glasses does not make any difference for me

AMLindsay

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I wear glasses at all times and I own a 13" MBP, and I've never noticed a glare issue with the screen due to my glasses. Like the above poster, it has more to do with lighting and the environment you're in.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I wear glasses all the time; I used to have a MBP (15") and I now have a MBA. I have to say that I really haven't noticed any particular problem - you can adjust the level of brightness and I find myself doing that sometimes; however, I don't live in a particularly bright climate, it's overcast much of the time. In time, you may want to consider a matte screen.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
The Macbook screen technology, with it's shifting colors with screen angle sucks enough that glare is a minor issue.

(I use 4 10-year-old Samsung IPS screens on my desktop, so the Macbook drives me nuts!)

It might help to upgrade your glasses. No, really! Make sure you get ALL the coatings, and find an optometrist that won't rip you off on it (that's the hard part). The important anti-glare coating is on the INSIDE of your glasses, and amazingly you usually have to ASK for it. I think they are so embarrassed over what they ask you to pay for the outside-surface coating, that they don't ask you if you want the inside-surface one...

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
I wear glasses most of the time while computing, and I've never noticed glare from my glossy screen. Even outdoors, I just turn up the brightness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.