Glastonbury 2007

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dops7107, Apr 11, 2007.

1. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Who managed to get tickets?

I have had mine confirmed but I'm worried because as of today - some 10 days after I ordered the tickets - I still have not had money debited from my bank account. I am nervous because I have paid on behalf of quite a few friends. I'm not normally concerned that someone hasn't taken my money, but I'd like the uncertainty to be over!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I missed out: I got to the first page, after opening it up in A LOT of tabs, but I was unable to get to the second stage :(

At least I'm going to Reading Festival, but its not the same...

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Didn't get tickets, only 1 of all my friends who were trying (17) actually managed to get through.

A couple of years ago when they first went with SeeTickets i was up all night on 4 different computers trying to get tickets. Eventually managed it after 14 hours trying. So when my friends reported that i was sold out in under 2 hours i didn't believe them.

What a shame would have loved to gone. 2 years ago we were clever enough to pitch our tents in and area we knew wouldn't get flooded.

Although i stupid didn't check which wellies i took and by accident i took my mums size 4 when i am a size 10. Stood for ages in the queue to buy some wellies (while wearing my girlfirends bright pink ones.) By the time i got to the front they only had size 6 and below and 14 and above left. But luckily the guy dirctly behind me was trying to return some size 10s for a size 6. Struck a deal and bought some 6s and got his 10s. (He could have easily made £50 by selling those wellies further up the queue.)

Oh well got more money to spend in Thailand.

Reading is definitely not the same, gave up going to Reading about 4 years ago, too many immature people burning plastic everywhere for my liking.

4. dops7107 thread starter macrumors 6502a

dops7107

Yeah when I went in 2005, the Friday floods came overnight, so if you were up early there were plenty of wellies available. But I reckon word got round pretty fast, because wellies were all sold out by 12. Possibly even faster than the ticket sell-out!

Gonna be fabulastic! Sorry you guys didn't manage to get tickets, it was totally luck of the draw as far as I could tell. Took me 45 minutes of page refreshing.

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I've just finished watching today's BBC coverage. Arcade Fire were fabulous. Also nice to see Rufus Wainwright.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

My daughter's working there while we look after the grand-dog. Hope she took her wellies.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

8. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

The flooding in 2005 was unreal. They've spent a further £750,000 on drainage this year, which was much needed.

I missed out this year due to work commitments.

I'm saving myself for ATP in December! Portishead (first gig in ten years) and Mr. Richard D. James (Aphex Twin).

Rich.

9. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

And a canoe!

;)

10. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I really enjoyed watching Bjork yesterday. She can do no wrong! (P.S. Did anybody else notice the Microsoft Surface they used during her set?)

I also enjoyed CSS and Lily Allen.

:)

Attached Files:

11. bartelby macrumors Core

Is it a Minehead again?

Oooh, Earth are playing!