Gleamer - a one-touch platformer

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by emorrisgames, Jul 18, 2013.

1. emorrisgames, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

emorrisgames macrumors newbie

emorrisgames

[​IMG]

Hi everyone. I have a new game coming out very soon for iOS devices called 'Gleamer', which is a one-touch twitch/puzzle platformer. It's a universal app.

In the game you have a gleamer (which is the yellow box). It moves back and forth between the walls of the level automatically, and when it touches a wall it gets faster. You control it by touching the screen to make it jump. You use the gleamer to collect the five stars in each level, and there are 50 levels to complete.

In the levels there are blue platforms and red platforms. Your gleamer can use the blue platforms to get to the stars, but red platforms will destroy it. The levels are also timed, and they each have a 'Master Time' that you should try to beat to really complete the game.

Here is a trailer (footage is 30fps, but the actual game runs at 60fps):

I've worked hard to make a classic arcade platforming game with controls suited to touch screens. I think I have succeeded and I'm confident that fans of platformers will enjoy it. The levels get really challenging, and it will take good reflexes and timing to beat all the master times.

I am planning to submit the game to Apple late this week or early next week, so it should be out very soon. It will be offered at a special launch price of $0.99 (or equivalent). Feel free to ask me any questions here, or you can also get me on twitter @emmetmorris.

Lastly, here are some examples of the different levels:

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy it.

2. emorrisgames thread starter macrumors newbie

emorrisgames

Hi everyone.
    Just an update: I have now submitted the game to Apple, so hopefully it should be released sometime in the next couple of weeks. I will update again when I have an exact date.

3. emorrisgames thread starter macrumors newbie

emorrisgames