Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i was so psyched about safari in 10.10 - i needed favicons and i was good to go. saft provided this. i'd just go ahead and assume glims is a dead project and move on.

turns out safari is really really really fast.... at loading small/average size objects. once you start loading huge pages safari chokes/freezes. opera and chrome have similar problems but not as bad.

if you don't do anything more than play facebook games and look at cat pictures then safari is the way to go. megaman power users still can't use safari.

back to firefox i go. slower response time for day-to-day browsing but handles everything you throw at it just fine.

ah well.

no issues here, safari seems 'lighter' and faster than it's ever been. try it WITHOUT saft, see if it's any better...

grouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
New York
i agree that it is lighter and quicker - my point is that even with no addons the browser still chokes on large objects.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
page is back up. am running the 'last' version (1.0.43), and the things i use work (mostly keys to switch between tabs, new tab to the right of current, max window size...)

glims

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
Thanking and rewarding the developers

page is back up …

Thanks for the hint! I'll try 1.0.43 (10004300) on Mavericks.

From the wiki:

… Ads are out - Listening to our users is important for us, so we droped the ads. We tried different variations but we understand now that it was a bad idea. …

Ads are out, the software remains highly desirable, so (big hint) if the developers invite some other method of being rewarded, go for it.

The looks of OS X 10.10 do not inspire confidence; assume that in the month ahead we'll need a great deal of help and goodwill from third party developers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.