Glitchy Music and Forced Restart with Wk39. PLEASE HELP.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jaekwong, Oct 13, 2007.

1. jaekwong macrumors newbie

I just got my ipt yesterday. its a week 39
    no jailbreak, only 2 albums on there

once i was surfing the internet, i was listening to a song and it just stopped all of a sudden, screen went dark for a second and then forced a restart to the apple start screen.

then today i was looking at the clocks in the ipt, and then muisc started becoming very glitchy and again it forced a restart to the appel start screen
    then i turned on the muisc again, i heard glitches, but not as much but didnt restart. its very inconsistent, if i hear glitches, it is never in same spot of the same song.

i notice this happends more or less when im actually fiddling around with the ipod, but if i leave ita lone playing its fine.. whats going onnnn?

is this due to the mp3 file itself?
    or is this because of the ipt?

How do i prove something so inconsistent to Best Buy?

Please heLP!

2. rusty. macrumors member

rusty.

Mine does this stuff too its a week 38. It froze one time and kept playing the same spot in a song over and over again the battery was almost full i was about to go to the gym then I had to restart it and it came back after restarting it with the battery almost drained all the way. I don't think my light sensor is working either.

3. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

The only issue I have had with my w38 was sometimes the top button does not put the iTouch to sleep. Holding it down will give me the prompt to shut down, so I know it works. Then all of a sudden, i click the top button and it just works all of a sudden :rolleyes:

4. jaekwong thread starter macrumors newbie

helpppp

did you bring yours back to return?

do you think a restore will fix this

whats your solution to all this?

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MY ORIGINAL PROBLEM???

5. rusty. macrumors member

rusty.

Nah its bareable till I can get all my music off it to my computer in one folder like my ipod video could do because my music is so scattered through like 3 computers.