Glitchy Touch Screen with Low Battery

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SkippyThorson, Sep 15, 2011.

1. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Last night, my iPad's battery was drained down to 3%. I usually let it get very low before I start a full charge cycle. While using it, I noticed that my taps on certain icons were going unregistered, would sometimes perform other actions, etc...

For instance, if I tapped on the Notes icon, it would open the Contacts app. If I hit the letter N on the keyboard, it would register and type O, and other things of that nature. If I tapped and held an app as if to move it, it would only grey out before it acted as if I lifted my finger too soon. If I did get to move an app, it would spaz and twitch beneath my finger. Even the Slide To Lock switch would jitter under my finger.

I charged it up to 100%, and it's perfectly fine again. Should I get it looked at? Should I extend the AppleCare coverage? Should I alert the National Guard? :eek: Or is this normal? It is a refurb, if that makes any difference.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

"Doctor it hurts when I do this."
    "Then don't do that."

It doesn't seem to be anything that could make the iPad blow up. I say use it until you replace it with the iPad 5 with much vigor.

3. SkippyThorson thread starter macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

:p I use that recommendation with everyone - the former. I was actually wondering more if this has happened to others. I would feel better if it were justifiably normal as opposed to an issue uniquely mine I suppose. This is a topic I've yet to see here, so I got a little nervous.

I just typed this whole message on the iPad. So it's behaving now. Hm.

4. Skika macrumors 68030

Low battery, glitchy touchscreen...

Symptoms show that you have a Galaxy tab!

5. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

omg you just made my day! hahaha! :p

6. SkippyThorson thread starter macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

:p I approve. That gave me a lol-moment.

It's been fine ever since. It was suggested that the reason this happens (while the iPhone / iPod Touch are fine until they shut themselves off) is that there's a much bigger screen to power. A low battery will strain to push power on a bigger device. Maybe there is some truth to that.