GLOB 6 Error

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mystikal, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

So I have the iphone apps installed on the iphone (from winSCP) and they are in the right place.

When i run this command in SSH "chmod -R a+x /Applications/*" i get "error: glob6 not found"

Anyone know how to fix this?

2. db2431 macrumors regular

Yes, run this instead

/bin/chmod -Rf +x /Applications/

3. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Yeah thanks :DDDDDD

4. Thom y macrumors newbie

I have successfully jailbreaked my iPod using iJailbreak on my mac and have all of the iPhone apps loaded. However, I am also getting the can't find glob6 error when I go into terminal and enter the chmod -R a+x /Applications/*
    command. If I try the chmod -Rf +x /Applications/ command it says chmod: not found. Any other suggestions. Thanks.

5. yacoub macrumors member

uh yeah, you don't need to do any of that - just use the SFTP program (WinSCP or whatever) that you used to upload the files to do this: right-click on the main application file in the app's directory (e.g. the file named Weather or Maps or Notes) and set its permissions so that Execute (or X) is enabled for all three User Group and the other one (I forget what the third one's called) and then you'll have done the same thing that chmod command line thing is trying to do for you.

6. Thom y macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot. I did that for each of the iPhone apps and now I have success. Who needs an iPhone now !!!!!